Monday, September 23, 2013

pictures, and another awesome week

my district. it's been the same for the last two changes

 i've lost a bit of weight... my clothes are huge

I still haven't found a scale, but I don't need one to know I've lost a ton of weight. How much do you think it is dad?

En cuanto a advice from Brady, I haven't cooked since I got here so I don't know. Every lunch is from members, and we have a dinner contract with a lady from the ward. That's what I love about this place, we even have a contract for a lady to wash our clothes for us. and it's way cheap. In fact each morning a man hand delivers a washer to our second story apartment for the things tht only we can wash, and picks it up 3 hours later. How much does it cost? $2 haha.

This week was great but hard. something happened every day and we didn't have a single full day of work. Plus we found out that something happened to Derwin. He and Joyce were saving up money for the wedding when his boss saw him reading the Book of Mormon and he fired him and didn't pay him what was owed. So with them and Susana, it's easy to see the opposition that happens to each investogator with a sincere desire to get baptized. But I know that these children of God will have the opportunity to get baptized in the future.

This week has been riduculously hot all the time. I think it's because it hasn't rained. And that reminds me when you told me about how it keeps raining and flooding at home, when it rains here it doesn't do things halfway. Last week we got caught outside in the rain by a big arroyo. I don't know what that is in English. But anyway, it turned into a river with like 5 feet of water, and there were trees going past and everything. The rain here is crazy, I understand why Partick recommended not bringing an umbrella. They're useless.

As of right now, we're stuck in this awful spot of having 0 investigators that are progressing because almost no one came to church yesterday. But I have faith that we are going to have 3 baptisms this Saturday. It's a family that have been investogating for years, and they were all set for the interview a couple of weeks ago but we decided they need more preparation. But now we think they're ready. So pray for the Familia Nuñez.
Well I don't have a lot of time this week, but I love you. I've been doing really well down here, and focusing on develpoing charity and using my talents in the work instead of worrying about my weaknesses. WE had interviews with Pte Searle this week and they were great. He's a great guy and an excellent president.

Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment