Monday, January 13, 2014

Jan 13

 Eva at her baptism



A lunch some members gave us to say goodbye to my companion. Also right now we are headed over to Evas pizza store for one last pizza she wanted to give him. With the holidays and my companion leaving, I think Ive gained some of the weight I lost.



This week was really great. There were a lot of really small moments in which I was able to feel a lot of The Lords love and my own, for the people and for this work. One of them was of course Eva Ruiz at her baptism. After the service she shared her testimony and it was awesome. She talked about how much she loved us and was grateful that we had helped her to find the answers she was looking for in her life. It was a great experience and helped me feel even more grateful for the trust that the Lord gave me when he called me to this work.

Something funny happened which was that I accidentally said in a letter to the mission president that my mom died a few weeks ago. I was talking about Maria and that I understand her situation because I lived the same a few YEARS ago. So I got surprised when I got a phone call from the mission president asking me about my moms death a few weeks ago. But in the end we just laughed about it. I really love President Searle. Hes been great for the mission. He shows missionaries how to trust in each other and how to love. Also he raised the monthly typical number of baptisms from about 80 to over 100. Its awesome. Plus as an area the instruction we are living in the mission is to spend more time with the members, but we are still baptising more.

Elder Franco goes tomorrow. Transfers are on Wednesday. Im excited to  see what happens but Im sure I stay here in Ciudadela. I hope so. I love this ward a lot. The members love the missionaries and we are making a lot of progress.

We have been teaching an investigator named Perdo this week. His story is awesome, like it belongs in the Liahona or something. He works in a prison and was praying one night to receive guidance. A while before that his girlfriend, now wife, talked to him about the Book of Mormon, and he was praying to know if he should read it or not. So he was praying and walking in the deserted part of the prison when he saw the book on the ground covered in poop. He picked it up and cleaned it off, and now hes going to be baptized the 16th of February.

Love you all,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment