Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14


Well this week was a great week for the missionary work. We were able to see 11 investigators in sacrament meeting, most of which were from a family that is really interested. They had a family member die recently and we taught them the plan of salvation and they loved it. We are going to help them understand why they need to get baptized to be an eternal family tonight and set a baptismal date.

We need for you all to pray for Karina, an investigator that was supposed to get baptized this Saturday. The problem is that she had her inverview with a zone leader and the had to say some stuff that made her feel really unconfortable, and now she knows that she will have to do it again with the mission president. So we are doing everything possible to help her get excited about it again and we hope that she agrees to do the other interview.

I also need your prayers since this week Elder Waddel from the first quorum of the 70 is coming to town and I have to play the piano again. The problem is that they asked me to play a special number that I have never played before, and there is no way to practice here since there is no piano. I have to accompany the zone in singing army of helaman, so luckily it isnt too hard but I really need the Lords help to play it at the level it should be for a 70. I get nervous when I play piano in from of them, like with Elder Uceda.

Well we are seeing some great changes in the branch as far as missionary work goes. In the last 2 years 130 people were baptized here, and the attendance at sacrament meeting went up like 6, so there is a HUGE problem with the retention. But we have been meeting with the branch president and we are changing up how they do ward council here and it should get a lot better. Because in some ways a missionary feels like he is fighing a losing battle when he knows that the branch does little to help the members stay active. But its great because the members have a lot of desire now to help and they are willing to change some thins up to make a difference. It was great to see yesterday that they called Jeimi Bolivar as a branch missionary and she is super excited about it. I think it will really help her to stay active.

How are the wedding plans coming along? And how is Brooke´s pregnancy? I´m glad that you all had a great, relaxing spring break. to answer your questions Dad my clothes are fine but my shoes wont last too much longer, especially since here in Baranoa I am walking over hot sand all day. Im sending in my shirts to get made smaller this week.  My weight is good, I keep getting skinnier every week. My companion and I get along very well, and he's awesome because he helps me stay obedient and diligent always.

Well I love you all and I pray for you every day.

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment