Friday, November 29, 2013

Nov 25

 Here we are after the game. I get a little sweaty running in Barranquilla. Actually I get sweaty sleeping here. By chance the young man in front on the right in black is Emanuel, the guy I did divisions with.


Daniel is a kid 10 years old that we are teaching to baptize. Hes great and has always come to church. Hes the kid right behind my companion


Well this week was very difficult because of various things that happened each day that robbed us of proselyting time. Sorry I don't know how to spell that. But the good thing that happened was the fireside with president. Not a single investigator came, but I was able to feel and see your prayers when around 15 nonmembers came with their member friends. I have never seen that level of effort from the members to invite and bring friends, so it was great and inspiring to see it this time. The bad thing that happened was that my companion has had a lot of back pain, and the doctor gave him 3 days of staying in the house. And that same day I got another fever. Thats 2 fevers in about 1 month. But Im better now.

A great experience I had this week was being able to do divisions with a ward missionary for a day. He is 18 years old and is waiting for his mission call. He's only been in the church for about a year. So it was cool to watch him teach and testify about the plan of salvation and the atonement. It was also really cool to see how God helped me to make up for not working with a really experienced missionary and working with a basically recent convert. I felt a difference in my ability to teach and contact, because I really wanted to make him contact, that came from the Lord.

Sorry but I really don't have a lot of time today. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment