Monday, March 10, 2014

march 10


Well this week was really great. It was awesome to go out again after Carnaval. I got so very bored in the house listening to music. I wanted to write this week about some of the investigators we have here. We have this great family, the Bolivar family. They are the 2 parents and 3 kids, but one of the kids is a 14 year old teenager and doesnt listen to us. The parents Aida and Justidiano are great. They gather the whole family together every night to read the Book of Mormon as a family and pray together. They really want to get baptized. They have a date for the 22nd of this month but they didnt come to church the last 2 weeks, the first time because it was Carnaval and the second time because it was Election day and they had to go vote. So I hope they can be ready for the 22nd but if not we just wait a little more and it works out alright.

There was also this lady named Maria Sanchez. We have had a huge difficulty with her, which is that we are replacing the sister missionaries here in this area. Maria doesnt seem to understand that and she doesnt trust us at all. The first day we went with the branch president and she kapt saying no no, the sisters are coming here this afternoon, we have an appointment. And now she says no no I never have time. She progressed when the sister missionaries were here so we are probably going to send the sisters that are in the other area in the branch.

My companion is awesome. He is super obedient and loves to work hard. I love not having to fight with my companions anymore to be obedient and diligent. I actually have learned a lot from him, even though he has only been here for 5 months!

We are finding a lot of new investigators too, each with a lot of promise. We work a lot with less active members, but the progress is much more slow there. But oh well, patience has always been one of the Lords requirements for success in missionary work.

A great experience I had this week was that we had a lesson completely directed by the Spirit. It was a contact and we were just barely starting to talk, and I felt strongly impressed to talk about family difficulties that can be overcome by the gospel. She told us that her uncle just died and that the whole family was just doing terribly. We were able to teach the plan of salvation and the spirit was strong. I love this work and each night I think God with my whole heart for the great privilege I have to participate in it. I am so blessed to be able to see how people can completely change their lives when they live the gospel.

I love you all and pray for you.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment