Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11

This week has been a lot better than the last few weeks. First off, we found a lot of new investigators who really seem excited about getting ready for a baptism. I remember one person we met is named José Redondo. He is 22 years old and he went to church once because his friend brought him. We finally talked to him this week, and we taught a little about the Doctrine of Christ. While we were talking about baptism, the spirit came super strong so we left off what we were teaching and invited him to get baptized the 13th of September. He accepted and including asked God in his prayer to help him be ready for baptism by that day. Few times in my mission have I seen such sincerity and desire when they accept a baptismal date. 

Another time when we were walking we heard a ton of kids calling us,. I usually just ignore it because they just yell "monkey" at me (here they call white people monkeys, I have no idea why) but my companion paid attention. THey said that a lady wanted to talk to us. Her name is María Esperanza, and she told us that she has been looking for the true church for a long time. she has been going often to a couple different churches, but she doesn´t know how to decide between the two so she prays all the time to know the truth. Then when she saw us she felt really curious and called us over. So this week has really been full of feeling the spirit. 

The best part happened yesterday in church. I was feeling a little sad because transfers are this week, and I think I´ll probably leave Baranoa. I was a little sad because sometimes I get down because I haven´t had much success with baptisms here. But then, during the actual sacrament, I was able to look around and see a lot of people there who didn´t go to church when i got here. The Spirit filled my heart and I knew that God was really happy with my efforts, because I have never worked so hard in my mission. I have seen a lot of success with less active families, and it is awesome to see them feel the joy of the gospel again in their lives. Especially in the families where just a couple were less active and the rest of the family was firm in the gospel. They get so happy when everyone´s back again.

I love you all and hope you have/had a great week.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment