Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29







Hello family!


This week was really great! We had a ton of stuff to do in the zone, but we were able to get the members to help and we were able to dedicate a lot of time to working in our area. I think the most stressful part of being a zone leader is making sure my area is a good example and doing all the errands for the zone at the same time. But I've seen that God really helps and I have seen a ton of miracles in my time here in Valledupar.

My converts from here are doing really well. Andrea is awesome even though her family is going through a really hard time. Her husband who moved to another city to work stopped talking to her completely. It's really hard for her and for us but she's really a strong woman and I admire her strength to stay strong when she feels so alone.
Jheiner brought his mom to church this week. It was awesome to see her there because she never accepted our invitation before, but now I'm sure the Spirit will help her keep going.

This week Christmas was great. On Christmas day,no one is in the streets in the afternoon becuase they're all hungover and/or asleep. My companion and I planned an activity and after I called you all we got together as a zone and went out to sing Christmas hymns and give out the rest of our He is the Gift passalong cards. It was really fun. Then we all got together in the stake center that night to eat a Colombian fast food called salchipapa. It's french fries with sausage and sauces and cheese. Super delicious. Except that they robbed us and gave us like half the food we paid for :(

Other than that it's been a little tricky lately because everyone went to another city for their vacations so we haven't been able to visit some of our best investigators for a while. But when they're back, they'll get baptized.
I hope you all have good goals for next year. I passed an awkward moment this sunday in sunday school when we all said our goals for 2015 and I realized that in 2015 I'll be home. All I could think of was my goal for 6 more baptisms plus a complete family converted. So I threw on study more and get a girlfriend but wow it was a weird moment for me. 

Well I love you all and loved talking to you this week.
Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment