Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26


This week was really great, with lots of miracles to help boost us in the work. First off, we had interviews with president Searle and I got the surprise of getting interviewed for my ecclesiastical endorsement, which was a good experience. The second day of interviews President and Sister Searle invited my companion and I to their hotel to eat breakfast with them. It was really cool because they stay in a super fancy hotel here in Valledupar.
A couple weeks ago, we were walking and I felt like we had to visit a less active lady that I visited once with Elder Abad, but I didn't remember where she lived and there was no record. Then this Sunday I saw her in sacrament meeting. It was really cool to me to see how God coordinates everything and He told us to go visit in the moment that she was prepared. This week we'll be able to go visit her.

We have a couple families that are really progressing a lot. One is a family of deaf people named Dana and Yuliano. Dana has been going to church for a while but Yuliano went the first time this week. He wasn't going before because he couldn´t get there on time, but this week he bought a $500,000 (about 250 USD, a fortune here) to go with Dana. They have to get married but they're progressing a lot. It's another miracle from this week. Plus the miracle that God helps me translate the classes and the talks into sign language so that they can understand, even though they can't read. It's hard but really it's a miracle.

Another miracle from this week has to do with Santos and Ana Dilia. This week with interviews and everything we were only able to visit them once, but they went to church on Sunday. I was so glad to see them and it helped me know that we have to keep fighting for them, even when sometimes I doubt their progress. I know they have a huge potential and that´s why they're helping.

I also had a great experience in the zone this week. There was a companionship that wasn´t meeting their goals and my companion called and told them that they had until Saturday at 5 PM to meet certain goals, like 4 new investigators with a baptismal date, etc. And if they didn´t meet their goals, we would go to their area and meet their goals with them. So Saturday at 5 they weren´t ready and we went to their area and in 45 minutes God blessed us to meet all the rest of their goals. They were really excited after because it helped them (and me) to strengthen even more our testimony that God helps in the work. Well love you all!

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment