Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 3

 I was bored so I got creative with my jeans

 my companion and I

 another one of my companion and I, but less reverent

biggest loser - My jeans. I found a scale this week and weighed myself. In the last year and a half or so I´ve lost 110 pounds. I weigh about 50 pounds less than I did when I left Utah for the mission.

Well this week was a difficult one. We have been having a hard time finding new investigators who will progress. But we are in the plans for a great ward activity where we hope that the members will bring a lot of friends. We are going to do like a treasure hunt and a relay race at the same time. I think we can have a great turnout since my companion is really creative and actually thought of something fun we can do. Some of the other ward activities we have done are a movie night and a fireside with the mission president, so I´m excited to do a good one.

My companion and I are getting along a little better. It has been awesome to see how the Lord can bless me with the attributes I need like pacience and love to be able to get along. He is a very different kind of person than I am but we get along alright. We still need to figure out a better way to come to decisions since I just go along with what he says and we are having a hard time in the area. But he´s a great missionary and I have learned a lot from him about how to have fun in the mission.

I had this awesome moment this week when I just realizd how awesomely tropical this place really is. We were walking in the sidewalk next to a highway and I heard some birds and I looked into the trees and saw a ton of wild parrots. I literally had never really even thought about the idea that parrots live in the wild since everyone has them just as pets. But now I have a firm testimony in that they live in the wild. I also saw the other month a wild iguana almost get hit by a bus and that was the first time i had seen one of those. they are HUGE. I want to go to Valledupar where they eat them. I hear they taste gross but I want to try it.

I had an evn better experience in Sacrament meeting yesterday. I was a little stressed out about my companion and when the testimony meeting started I just felt so calm and I felt the relief I needed. This church is was true. The testimonies were awesome and the Spirit was super strong even though next to the chapel they were bumping ridiculous music that was totally disruptive.

We have been working with a less active member named Rolando and he is a great example. Its really expensive and difficult to get married here. You need like 50 dollars and you have to go to a notary and pull out your records and its hard. When to talk your records out you have a month to get married or they go bad. Rolando doesnt have any money at all but so still pulled the records out. Sorry I know its complicatesd and I didnt explain it well but basically Rolando has been a great example of faith. We are working with a lot of people who need to get married but none of them have taken action like Rolando.

Well I love you all. I hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl and that everything is going well. Feel free to email me pictures if something interesting happens.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment